Saturday 22 January 2011

Crossing The Line – Tuesday January 11th

Today we are crossing the equator and there is a ceremony called ‘Crossing the Line’. Those who have already crossed are called Shellbacks & those that have not are called Pollwogs…Vance is OK (previous Merchant Navy) but guess what … I haven’t so I have to be initiated by King Neptune to ensure safe passage of the ship to the southern hemisphere. Have been told to report to the swimming pool area at 3pm to await my fate…sounds mucky.

Vance has taken loads of pics so look at www.vhsholdings.com/sojourn?id=3 for more info.

OK…I’m now an official Shellback after kissing the fish (luckily a dead one) and having goop poured over me … ugh!!

Celebrated with several (3+ ) glasses of champers…hic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment